Thursday, July 31, 2008

Someone Stop Him

I really have little to say about this. You may remember this post from May--
http://www.colemancornerincinema.blogspot.com/2008/05/lucas-says-indy-5-possible-whatever.html

Well, all I can say now is, George, from now on, quit whining about not being able to make small films. You can do whatever the hell you want to do. So please quit moaning and groaning about not being able to make small, "personal" flicks, and being "trapped" in the land of blockbuster franchises one month, and then turn around and say, "Y'know, we could make a fifth movie about Indiana Jones."

I've been debating with myself whether or not to post this for several days now, and it's sort of an old story at this point, especially in Internet terms, but I just had to get it off my chest, somehow. I think the somewhat hubristic nature of the quotes attributed to Lucas just couldn't go unremarked upon by yours truly.

It's honestly embarrassing at this point, like an old uncle who wants to tell you the same story over and over. And I never even had an uncle like that. I barely know my uncles. But I get the idea.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15734/1/LUCAS-SHIFTS-INTO-SITH-GEAR-TEASES-INDY-5/Page1.html

4 comments:

Craig Kennedy said...

I feel the same way. He's only trapped by himself.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. I wholly concur with your sentiments (and Craig's) Alexander.

Coleman's Corner in Cinema... said...

It's annoying. I don't approach the Lucas empire with the same ferocious animus that many do, those who have often been mocked (and probably rightly so) for having their childhoods raped by him or whatever. I'm just disdainful of the two-faced crap he spouts, not to mention somewhat sickened by his seemingly complete artistic deterioration as a filmmaker, for which I'm actually much more forgiving.

La Literatura Del Diaadia said...

Hi, thanks for sharing this.