Friday, June 19, 2009

Catch Me at Film For the Soul



I have enthusiastically offered to join Ric Burke at the fantastic film blog Film For the Soul in his highly ambitious quest to host guest reviews of films cinema blogosphere writers consider among the best of the best of the decade of the 2000s.

My review of Catch Me If You Can, written almost six months ago, will be featured at Ric's place (it sounds a little like Casablanca, doesn't it?), on Saturday, June 20, going up at 9:00 PM London time. For those who never read it, or did and would like to take another look--at a website where there is actually someone competent pulling the levers and pushing the buttons and adorning essays with beautiful production stills and the like--or just want to support Ric in this noblest of enterprises, please visit this weekend. And don't just stop there; Ric is counting through the years of this decade, and cinephiles of all kinds should see what all of the hubbub is about.

Meanwhile, right here in the coming days, more reviews of contemporary films still playing in dark palaces throughout the land, and, yes, after some catching up, back to some classics, including at least a couple of "grade B film noirs" recently celebrated at my local Roxie Theatre and whatever else pops into my crazy, oversized head.

10 comments:

Books,Coffee,etc.... said...

Hi! Alexander,
Great news that you present here on your blog about your itinerary, especially, about the Roxie theatre...Wot?!?
Who knew that you were in attendance at the Roxie?!?

Because I posted information about the Roxie on my friend/soon to be(archival writer) for my blog, Gary S., message board.

Speaking of, festival(s) my book publisher friends, Ms.Jerri Wilam and Mr. Phillipe Gauzot, told me that authors Eddie Muller and Foster Hirsch are bringing
NoirCity to Chicago in July thru August. (Which I promptly posted on Gary's board and told Tony, about who promptly, posted this info(rmation) on Twitter 2 weeks ago.
(In addition, I will not attend, not because I don't want to attend, but because I do not live there anymore.)
By the way, Thank-you, for posting all this wonderful information about what you, have planned for the future here on your blog.
Take care!
DeeDee ;-D

Alexander Coleman said...

Thank you, Dark City Dame! Yes, I did attend at the Roxie... but I didn't have much time to do anything else but attend those films! :-(

Now, though, I can write about at least a couple of them and I will in the near future.

Thank you for disseminating all of that information for all of us!! :)

Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend! :(

You can attend in spirit, however, I am sure.

Alexander Coleman said...

I just want everyone to know that my piece has just now been posted, right here:

http://filmforthesoul.blogspot.com

Books,Coffee,etc.... said...

Hi! Alexander,
Alexander, I went over to read your post, but to my "vexation" the blogsite page want go up or down...

...I thought by signing in to Google, that would rectify the problem, but noooo! Therefore, I’ am unable to read your piece.

By the way, Happy Father's Day, to you, and your Dad too!

Take care!
DeeDee ;-D

Alexander Coleman said...

Hmm, bizarre, Dark City Dame.

Let's try this...

http://filmforthesoul.blogspot.com/

In any event, I just want to extend my great thanks and appreciation to Ric Burke at Film for the Soul for the opportunity, and for the entirely effusive and remarkable lead-in for my piece.

Thank you very much, Ric.

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see you there lots of good movies andbruno is the main show toodles

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see you there lots of good movies andbruno is the main show toodles
that is not how you spell toodles

toodles idiot

Anonymous said...

hey!toodles,get a life!
idiot!

ben said...

Congrats, AC.

Books,Coffee,etc.... said...

Alexander said, "Hmm, bizarre, Dark City Dame."
Hi! A.C.,
Alexander, I have to admit that I’ am the one who should be considered "bizarre." Instead of, the usual one scroll bar (on the right hand side of the page) I did not even notice on this particular blogsite there are two scroll bars! Wot! Get out!
(*Slap self on head*)

Oops! I'am so sorry!
Take care!
DeeDee ;-D