Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Long Week's Journey into Weekend

Well, you may have noticed that I disappeared, went off the grid, vanished without a trace and became completely disconnected from all things Internet there for a few days.

Why?

Well, a tornado of school, personal matters, meeting with my best friend who only comes by my town approximately once a month for a few days, and yes, seeing movies... It all added up to two days of going on the Internet for an entirety of zero seconds; finding myself with no time to check in on movie blogs; and feeling too tired after reading, reading and more reading, writing, writing and more writing, all school-related, to put much effort into formulating thoughts about the films I watched.

With regards to the newest releases... On Monday I saw Transsiberian and Man on Wire across the bay in Berkeley. Thursday I was able to see Tropic Thunder, finally.

I'm not sure what I plan on doing first at this very moment. Nevertheless, I plan on getting back into it here at Coleman's Corner in Cinema, beginning today. Reviews will be appearing with regularity again after the several days of inactivity here--sometimes they do seem to come in bunches, don't they?--because my budgeting of time fortunately seems to be paying off now as I feel sufficiently caught up in other matters at this juncture.

The fact that I have yet to see Burn After Reading testifies to just how squeezed for time I have been recently.

As always, I thank the readers for their patience and understanding.

To paraphrase King Lear, "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to read a thankless blogger."

9 comments:

Pat said...

Alexander -

No worries - there actually is more to life than blogging, and it's important to catch up with the other stuff now and then.

I'll look forward to your posts whenever they arrive.

Alexander Coleman said...

Thank you for the very kind and important comment, Pat. You are right, sometimes certain things must be dealt with before we can go back to the more personally satisfying facets of our lives. I'm glad you're looking forward to whatever I dish out here. :)

Sam Juliano said...

Indeed Alexander. These things happen to all of us, and truly there are far more important matters than blogging, as you have well elaborated on. I must admit I was beginning to get seriously concerned though--it was a relief to get your e mail. I look forward to your upcoming reviews, and am on pins and needles waiting what you say about MAN ON WIRE.
I myself will see BURN AFTER READING tonite at 7:00 P.M.,, and I did see AUGUST EVENING, the Spanish-language feature patterned after Ozu's TOKYO STORY in Manhattan last night.
Again, a most welcome back!

Alexander Coleman said...

Thank you very much, Sam.

I hope you enjoy Burn After Reading. I won't be able to see it today, but I'm hoping to see it sometime in the next couple of days. At least I can anticipate it for a little while longer.

How was August Evening? Sounds fascinating.

darkcitydame4e said...

Hey! Alexander C.,
No "worries" just like the other eBloggers said, There is more to "life" than blogging.(For instance, your family and friends...)
and most importantly, since I am "new" to the "world" of blogging, I enjoyed playing "catch~up" and reading some of past articles.
Tks, dcd

Sam Juliano said...

My feelings about AUGUST EVENING were mostly positive I must admit. It was spare, low-keyed and austere for the most part, and very well acted by non-professionals.

Hope to compare notes with you on BURN AFTER READING soon.

Alexander Coleman said...

Thank you very much, darkcitydame. I'm very happy to hear you were able to play "catch-up" with some of my past articles. That's too cool!

Sam, it sounds like August Evening was a solid homage to Ozu, judging by your description.

Alison Flynn said...

So, did you like Tropic Thunder, Alexander?

Alexander Coleman said...

I'll let my review answer the question, Alison. :)

(It'll be on CCC in about 20 minutes, judging by how it's progressing at this moment.)