Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tarantino Puts the Cap'n Crunch Down?

Looks like Quentin Tarantino is getting busy, shopping his screenplay around town to various heavy hitter studios. Does this mean the Tarantino-Weinstein marriage, which received a blow in 2007 with Grindhouse, is ending? One commenter on Jeffrey Wells's Hollywood Elsewhere blog writes that Nikki Finke is reporting that Brad Pitt is in Tarantino's crosshairs to star (I'm brave but not sufficiently courageous to visit Finke's website).

In any event, what matters to me is that Tarantino seems to be moving on after a decade of playing around (wonderfully) and I'm excited about the prospects of Inglorious Bastards, so in this case I thought reporting this kind of (partly speculative) "story" since compared to the relative gruel we've had to consume as relates to this project, this is positively a substantial meal.

5 comments:

Daniel G. said...

Yes, let's get our playing around out of the way and get down to business - pure, fresh, unadulterated independent storytelling. Less action, more character - I've been needing a fix since Jackie Brown.

Also, I might be distracted by Pitt...aren't there other faces that can do the job?

Alexander Coleman said...

I really hope this is Tarantino's masterpiece, the film he's been waiting so long to make. Sometimes directors get consumed by that big towering epic they have been desiderate to eventually make (I'd love to see the 'long cut' of Scorsese's Gangs of New York to see if it is miles better than the theatrical release, for instance).

If Pitt is to be included, I hope he's playing a rugged, grizzly officer with salt-and-pepper facial hair, a bit like his character in Babel... Except Tarantino-ized.

christian said...

I hope this is more than a KILL BILL of war movies. I'd love to see Quentin really go character deep, not so much genre deep. I've never gotten this "why doesn't he write faster" stuff. It's hard work...

Alexander Coleman said...

Agreed, Christian, on all counts.

Sidney said...

This won't work in reality, that is what I suppose.
site | site | site