Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Limits of Knowing About The Limits of Control

One of my favorite filmmakers, Jim Jarmusch, has a film coming out in 2009 entitled The Limits of Control. Starring Bill Murray, John Hurt, Tilda Swinton and Gael Garcia Bernal, it's evidently, according to IMDB, "The story of a mysterious loner, a stranger in the process of completing a criminal job."

That's it. I don't want to know anymore. But I am aroused just from hearing about a new film from Jarmusch, whose films are such beautiful, subtle pieces of Americana, about travelers in search of something missing from their lives... He's a one-of-a-kind, and I'm ecstatic that he's reuniting with Murray, who I thought gave what was easily his career best performance in Jarmusch's finest achievement to date, Broken Flowers.

(How was that post for some bold opinions? Eh?) Really looking forward to this one.

No comments: