Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blog

A brief note...

Firstly, I would again like to thank Craig Kennedy for very recently explaining to me what the problem was for certain people in their efforts to comment here. Craig has helped me plenty of times, from when my blog was an Internet infant, to this latest case. His support from the beginning has been simply tremendous. Thank you, Craig. Everyone give Mr. Kennedy a round of applause, please.

I also just wanted to assure everyone who comments that I will be notified about your comment through email. And, just because a post drops off the home page, don't be afraid to comment and keep the conversation going. I'm regularly discussing and reviewing classic films here, so obviously I have no issue with returning to "old" items in any way, shape or form, whether they be films or posts. :-) So, if you want to comment about, say, The Dark Knight, which has just dropped off, go right ahead. Or something from back in May if you desire. This is probably quite pedantic on my part and unnecessary, but I just thought saying this once wouldn't hurt anything or anyone.

And, I'd also like to thank my readers, regular and otherwise, who visit, stop by, read, comment and I hope have a good time here. Beginning on July 1, I set a goal for myself to post 31 items in this month. Not necessarily a daily posting, but just as many postings as there are days in the month. After this post, I will be one away (who knows, perhaps I'll exceed my goal by a post, think of the possibilities). Thus far, between receiving remarkably kind words from people about the blog and almost fulfilling this goal, this feels like a somewhat cathartic time at Coleman's Corner in Cinema. I feel good about it. I hope everyone finds this to be a reasonably solid place to spend some time at, and, with that, I promise to let this be my last self-absorbed, "looky here, I've got a blog" posting like this until, I hope, CCC celebrates its birthday in a little over nine months. I just wanted to convey my appreciation, satisfaction and gratitude to everyone here.

Thanks.

12 comments:

Craig Kennedy said...

Congrats in advance on #31 Alexander. I knew you could do it.

Sam Juliano said...

That is an amazing number of posts, but I know you will do it! Your film reviews (both of contemporary and classic cinema) are the "dogs bullocks" so to speak, and the real highlight of your site. Brits know full well what that flattering phrase means. Your recent reviewing of Godard's CONTEMPT resulted in a brilliant analytical treatment that can't be bettered even on a professional level, and your recently posted essay on 4 MONTHS is a model of its kind. You have surely earned by way of penetrating criticism the attention of all serious film lovers. Kudos to you, and good luck!
And of course Mr. Kennedy is to indeed be acknowledged for being his ever-so-helpful self.

Alexander Coleman said...

Thanks, Craig.

Thank you, Sam, I'm going to go Google "dogs bullocks," haha. Thanks very much, though.

Alison Flynn said...

Applause for Craig!!!

31 is a very ambitious number, but if anyone can do it you can. :)

Alexander Coleman said...

Thank you, Alison. :)

Daniel G. said...

Yeah, man - congrats are in order. I'm coming up on a year and I've never filled a month. That's a huge step and you've only been doing this for a couple of months.

Craig is certainly a wise and respected blogging mentor, but I'll offer to serve as some kind of apprentice if you ever have any Blogger-specific questions.

Best of luck going forward!

Alexander Coleman said...

Thank you, Daniel. I'm glad you and others enjoy themselves here.

I had a Blogger-specific question a while back, perhaps it was the commenting problem, but I can't remember what it was now. Thanks for any future assistance if needed with regards to Blogger, and as you've said, you're still finding all of Blogger's advantages and disadvantages, so perhaps if by slim chance you want to ask me a question for something at Getafilm I'll try my best to help.

glimmer said...

you know with 31 posts you can be the first to do a post about jellyfish !!!! :)

glimmer said...

and why whenever craig did something did/said something similiar when he challenged myself to do a post per day. think that how i remember it...

Alexander Coleman said...

Hi, glimmer! I'm very glad you're finally able to comment. Sorry about the problems before.

I've really got to see Jellyfish. Seemingly all of the cool kids have, and I'm quite interested.

Shawn said...

Quite useful piece of writing, thanks for this post.
Elmira homes

Ethelbert said...

Oh my god, there's so much helpful info here!
Biscuits recipes