Sunday, July 20, 2008

A CCC First

In the ten weeks or so of my blog's existence, I have yet to see a new-run film twice before reviewing it, but that is exactly what I feel compelled to do with The Dark Knight as I'm still processing it all.

For those bloggers out there, have you felt the need to revisit a film before you wrote a blog review? I feel like--or at least I hope--CCC has progressed some since its birth in early May, and this seems like an interesting development for my blog (probably really isn't, but it feels like it nevertheless).

Part of it with this film I think is that the first viewing in that rock concert-like atmosphere was so overwhelming and the plot is a bit labyrinthine and truly packed, so I'd like to check the film out again before hammering out a review.

(This is all an excuse for the long gestation process for this review and that while it's going to be here sooner rather than later, you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to appear. All in good time. The gestation process on this one is simply a little longer than normal.)

4 comments:

Craig Kennedy said...

I think I saw TWBB three times before I actually wrote my review, and I needed every one of them.

I would like to have had another viewing of TDK, but this felt like one that would get away if I waited like I did with WALL-E.

Alexander Coleman said...

"I would like to have had another viewing of TDK, but this felt like one that would get away if I waited like I did with WALL-E."

Well, you had to make the choice, Craig, the choice no one else will make, and you did it. You wrote a great, very extensive review.

Daniel G. said...

I don't know what to think about this situation. Certainly I could have used a second viewing (I've now posted about it twice and hardly skimmed the surface), but when do you decided that it's enough. The third viewing? Tenth?

Alexander Coleman said...

I actually had an epiphany sometime right in the middle of seeing it the second time. It was something like, "Now I can review this sucker."