Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Burn After Reading Goes Bassian

The new poster for the Coen Brothers' Burn After Reading--which you will in the coming weeks and months probably become sick of hearing about from me here--is out and it looks like it's been highly influenced by old Saul Bass posters, such as the ones he designed for Otto Preminger (including Bunny Lake is Missing, In Harm's Way, Anatomy of a Murder, The Man With the Golden Arm and Advise and Consent).

I was already excited just on general principle. Then the trailer hit a few weeks back. The egomaniacal force of authority calling the shots from behind a big desk. A plot revolving around money (in this case stemming from blackmail). A farrago of zany, oddball characters. Yes, this is definitely a Coen Brothers film. They have my ticket.

Anyway... the poster...

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/06/burn_after_reading_poster_is_m.php

5 comments:

Daniel G. said...

Well I won't necessarily get sick of hearing about it, but I'll have to avoid hearing about it, if that makes sense. I love looking forward to it but I'll have to tiptoe around spoilers and the trailer. The poster looks phenomenal, though.

sartre said...

"The egomaniacal force of authority calling the shots from behind a big desk. A plot revolving around money (in this case stemming from blackmail). A farrago of zany, oddball characters. Yes, this is definitely a Coen Brothers film. They have my ticket."

Excellent.

Daniel, I admire your determined adherence to your non-spoiler ethos.

Craig Kennedy said...

Yep, I'm there. Of course, I'm biased but the poster haters can suck it.

Alexander Coleman said...

I'll only write about it in pre-release, non-spoilerish talk, Daniel. :-)

Aha, thanks, Sartre.

Agreed, Craig. I'd love to see this poster in life form at a cinema. I'm sure it's much better that way; the figures at the bottom doubtless stand out more.

Morris said...

In my opinion one and all should browse on it.
airport limousine services | airport limousine service | Gynecologist Nyc